Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Weekend

Easter Weekend
----------
We had a very busy weekend for Preston's first Easter! It kicked off on Friday, when the Easter Bunny came earlier for Preston since he wasn't going to be home on Easter Sunday and his cousin Madison came over for the day as she did not have school..Here he is checking out the Easter basket with Madison!
He had to try out the cool ears the Easter Bunny left him...Yes, he really didn't mind them being on his head...I think he liked that it got him extra attention!
After lunch, we decided that Easter would not be complete if we didn't dye some Easter Eggs!! Preston was in awe of this process...and really wanted to help out!! We really didn't want to have to deal with taking a "dyed" child to Iowa, so we told him he could only watch this year....next year he can get into the action himself!
Daddy, Madison and Preston showing off their creations!! We got a little crazy with our coloring...so they are obviously not the normal bright colors...guess that's what happens when you mixed three or four colors together!! They were the prettiest eggs Mommy has ever seen though!
After our egg coloring experience, Mommy's friend Lauren stopped over for a visit... Since we don't see her that often, we decided to play dress up and put Preston in the Komono (sp?) she got him as a shower gift from Japan...He looked adorable, eh? Lauren along with the duckie he got from Gramma Lynn cracked him up!
We finally left for Iowa on Saturday Morning ...and our usual 4 hour trip took almost 6 hours...Preston was obviously not happy with Mommy or Daddy for making him ride in the car seat that long! We made up for it as he had a great time getting lots of attention from his cousins at Gramma Chris and Grampa's Steve's that night!
And of course a little attention from Gramma too!
On Sunday, we went to Church with Gramma Lynn, Grampa Jim and Uncle Chris!! Afterwards, we relaxed a little and had a wonderful Easter lunch before heading back home...Here he is talking basketball with Uncle Chris...In case you didn't know, Chris is in college and working on his degree in Sports Management...Apparently, Preston is going to be his million dollar client one day!
Before we left, Preston got a little lovin from his Gramma Lynn as well!

Our trip home was a little better...4 1/2 hours this time...much more reasonable...I think Preston was a little wore out by all of the attention! We had a great Easter with the family, although the trip was WAY too short! Hopefully next time we can stay a little longer!!





2 comments:

Jace and Lexa said...

Listen Preston--I'm not trying to step on anybody's toes. I agree that Lucy is a very cute girl but I value our friendship very much. Lets put this in the past--I've kind of got my eye on a girl at daycare now. I'm glad to see you had a nice Easter. I know what you mean about those long car rides--why do our mommy and daddy's make us do that? I hope to see you very soon.
Your friend always,
Jace

the hortons said...

I agree with Jace; bros before hos, and sisters before misters, right? Besides I'm way too young to be thinking about serious relationships. Let's just all be friends and we'll worry about the icky stuff later, in maybe 16 years (35 if Dad has anything to say about it).

Preston, I loved all your Easter pictures. It looks like you had a very busy weekend. I am a little perturbed at my Mom though. We didn't get to color eggs and have egg salad : ( Maybe next year.

Anyway, I missed you today and just want you to know that I am waiting for you to catch up with me. I didn't gain any weight this week, but Norma says that we are still on schedule. I'm not worried, but Mom is such a spaz.

Later dude, Lucy