Monday, November 3, 2008

RED ALERT RED ALERT

RED ALERT RED ALERT

--------

Preston went POTTY on the BIG BOY POTTY

NOT once

NOT twice

NOT three times

BUT SEVEN TIMES TODAY!!!


It was his first time ever having a successful attempt and was so excited each time...he just kept doing it...Mommy mentioned last week in passing to Daddy and Nina that she thought he might be getting close to being ready....but that Mommy really wasn't quite ready yet with a newborn in the house and all....but today for whatever reason --I thought heck with it...Let's give it a go and see what happens.... (WHY, I have no idea--since Daddy wasn't home to help and Ashten has been VERY needy lately....)...But With lots of treats, juice and Halloween Candy Preston was not too hard to convince....He exclaimed " I did it, I did it" after each successful try... and insisted we take his picture next to the success (sorry if you are quesy--but I have seven of these photo's now--I will only bless you with one) and then we would clean the potty, flush the potty, wash our hands, put our big boy undies back on....and get a piece of candy....
Mommy was Ill prepared and after two successful attempts in the AM- we made a mad dash to Walmart for some big boy undies--like Daddy....and much to Mommy's suprise--He picked the spiderman ones..I honestly thought we would have taken to Thomas the Train or Cars, but he really wanted spidey-undies...go figure....
He sure does look cute in them though....
I will note that we did have one accident ONLY throughout the ENTIRE day...and poor little guy was in utter shock when it happened...and went hysterical....so with that...I am not sure if he understands the "feeling" of needing to go...and perhaps we are still a little too early...We will give it ago again tomorrow and see what happens....but atleast he now knows what it feels like to successfully "go potty"....he has only been sitting on one for the past few months now...

3 comments:

Staci said...

Way to go Preston!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Preston!!!!!



Nina

Jace and Lexa said...

Wow P--you really are a stud! Love the undies--although I would have went with Thomas. I'm counting down the days till I get to see you again!
Love-
Jace

P.S. Tell A hi for me!