Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mommy's Day!

Happy Mommy's Day
(as Preston says)
-------

Happy Mommy's Day to ALL of my lovely girlfriends that are Mother's themselves....and especially to my own Mother--I hope you had a wonderful day! There is certainly not enough appreciation for Mother's until you become one....so if I haven't said it a million times already-Thank you Mom and I love you!
I, myself, had a beautiful day with my three boys....very low key and relaxing....but amazing just the same. Preston was so proud of this beautiful Orchid he helped Daddy pick out for me...I certainly hope it has a better track record than the rest of the plants that have been in my life!
My boys were very sweet to me and I was not only presented with this beautiful flower, but two cards as well and a wonderful chinese lunch-one of my favorites and then a relaxing movie at home with the hubby while the boys napped. Preston was a slight confused for part of the day as he kept saying " happy mommy's bday"--too cute and hard to correct that it was just a day for all mommies not really a birthday!
I am told I still have shopping to go out and do by myself (oh I love that) and my car is to be cleaned (another love)...but the hubby had to go back to work and there was not enough time in the day....I just loved having the day with them...and not being in a rush for once!

2 comments:

Mrs. N. said...

Wow, I'm jealous! John tells me, "go buy whatever you want." That's my mothers day, LOL! Cleaning your car, that's way too cool!!

the hortons said...

Happy belated Mother's Day! Your orchid is beautiful! The kids look great and you look fab! I am so jealous! If everyone else bails for next week, I fully expect to see you and the kids!