Monday, June 15, 2009

Preston's First "SOLO" Vacation

Preston's First "SOLO" Vacation

------

Preston has decided that he is old enough to take a trip without Mommy and Daddy and headed to Iowa this weekend with Nina and Papa....
Very excitedly waving goodbye before departing
I have to admit I did not think I would ever be "that" parent that would have such heartache over letting my baby go....this is his first trip away from home without Mom or Dad and his first away from Mommy ever! (except when I was delivering Ashten at the hospital-but even then I was only 10 minutes away and saw him every day) He has been asking for this for quite sometime now, although I really wasn't sure he ACTUALLY knew what he was asking for...but it has been a day and a half and he is doing great!
Getting ready to leave...
Mommy is happy to report though he is having lots of fun with Nina and Papa and Uncle Chris...and will soon be visiting his other grandparents and Aunt Lisa. Mommy and Daddy on the other hand have been feeling terrible sadness and joy over the whole situation...many tears have been shed and Mommy is organizing like a mad woman in order to stay busy and not think about her little man too much.....the house is certainly very quiet without Preston...
Giving Ashten one last hug
and little Ashten is overjoyed with having the house and us all to himself...
Before coming to take our Preston on his first grand solo adventure....Nina and Papa came for the weekend to hang out...and spoil them both as usual....Here Preston is showing off one of his presents....
and Ashten having one of his numerous conversations with Papa...Unfortunately, I am getting quite bad at not taking pictures...I will try to do better...










No comments: