Saturday, December 19, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy: Part II

Busy, Busy, Busy: Part II

-----
Visiting Santa and playing at Zona
We went to see Santa with some playgroup friends....Preston has been dead set on asking Santa for a Motorcycle-not a fake one, a real one! We have talked repeatedly how Santa only brings toys and that A) they are dangerous and B) he is not old enough...not sure he got it though...I did convince to ask for something else....so he decided a movie would be nice or just a smaller motorcycle that went slow!! Good grief!
I couldn't take a picture while we were seeing Santa, but I got one outside. Preston was fine, but nervous. Ashten hated it and was screaming/crying the entire time. They wanted to know if I could pick Ashten up and calm him to try for a better photo...Sure I could and he would calm...but scream again as soon as I put him down...So I was that mom that said take the picture with my tortured child. It is priceless though!
We did have fun playing outside Santa's workshop and that made up for the aweful torture I put little man through! He LOVED the slide and probably did it fifty times!
He was trying to climb it by himself, but obviously needed some help!
We also traveled to Iowa for Thanksgiving....and attended the annual lighted parade with both sets of grandparents and their cousins.
Unfortunately this is the only picture I took at Thanksgiving, besides the one above (*note to self do better!) But it is a great one as Daddy decided he learned a new way to carve a turkey and tried out his fantastic discovery! Not sure how well that went for him though! We did enjoy lots of family time, fun Black Friday shopping, movies and GREAT food!

1st Chief's Football Game for Mommy
Mommy and Daddy attended my first Cheif's game and we WON!!! Yes, it was an amazing game and the only one we won all year....Guess I should go to more games!! We also got to watch my FABULOUS niece Madison perform in the halftime show...She is quite the cheerleader!



Trimming the Tree

We all participated in setting up the tree this year! Here is the beautiful end product....I should mention that we set up three tree's not one...The boys each have one in their room that they decorated....very cute and they love it!

Ashten did his part in making sure everything was swept up!

And Preston made sure it was aligned from below!

And of course help pull out all the branches--Yes we are fake tree people...maybe one of these years we will try a new one...but for now a fake one is hard enough to take care of..I always forget to water it!

No comments: