Sunday, August 10, 2008

"I Think I'll Make a Good Big Brother"

" I Think I'll Make a Good Big Brother"

-----------

One of the most common questions we have been having lately is whether or not we think Preston will make a Good Big Brother...When you think about this --how do you really respond? We hope so, we think so....Honestly I don't think he knows what is about to "hit him" until the baby actually arrives...but he does lovingly refer to my belly bump as "Baby Sprout" and insists on kissing and rubbing it daily...Which is very cute! Either way--the baby is coming and he will have to learn to be a Good Big Brother...We are not choosing to take either of them back!
This weekend he got to visit with one of his Best Buddies from Iowa and although Jace is not a baby--Preston definetely treated him as if he was his little Brother...He held his hand and showed him around the water fountain and up and down the stairs.....
(Although his Mommy had to be reinforcement with the stairs...)
He helped feed Jace his Apple....and for those of you who haven't been around Preston this is actually a HUGE accomplishment...Usually if Preston can get a hold of ANY food it goes in his mouth and his mouth only....He does not like to share his food...but this was Jace's apple and he like a Big Brother periodically checked to see if Jace needed another bite...so not to starve on our big outing...
He gave him lots of hugs and didn't drop him to the floor...
Taught him about finding a good spot in front of the TV--and self entertain while Mommy's were busy .....
You'll even notice he shared with Jace one of his most prized possessions these days--a Dinosaur...Hopefully this is a good indication of what is to come...we have seen similiar behaviour with actual baby-babies...but we'll have to see what happens when Sprout makes his permanent appearance...and he does not go away after a day...So for now it seems Preston's answer is "Yes, I think I'll Make a Good Big Brother"

2 comments:

Jace and Lexa said...

Hey-
I got your b-day invite the other day and I LOVE it! I like to carry it around and look at Elmo. I can't make it to your party cause I'm dogsitting Kona that weekend while Aunt Erin is at a wedding. Are you going to be in FM any time soon? I have a present for you but I don't know if I should just mail it or wait until I see you. Later!
Jace

Jace and Lexa said...

Hey P-
My Mommy sent your present the other day so hopefully you will get it before your party. My Mommy is pretty silly sometimes and they had sealed the package at the post office before she stuck the card in. So......sorry there isn't a card. I hope you like it!
Love,
Jace