Monday, February 2, 2009

Elmo Live!

Elmo Live!!

------
Preston got to take in his first BIG show with Mommy at the Sprint Center on Monday and BOY was it a BIG ONE!!! Elmo and all the Sesame Street Characters were in town and Mommy decided that it was a perfect "date" to take her little man too...and wow was I right...he loved it...Let me say that again...HE LOVED IT! Seriously without a doubt --the best money spent...including the ripoff $10 parking...I told him quite early in the week which was good and bad...the excitment of going to see ELMO was almost too much too handle...and everytime we left the house--he thought we might be going...every other word he spoke was a question about the show...So when it was actually time and he got to put on his ELMO attire it was amazing!
a thanking kiss to Mommy for the tickets...
Waiting to pick up our tickets at will call...When we pulled up to the Sprint Center...I think it was a little intimidating...the building is HUGE...My little man was a little nervous and wanted me to carry him....it was very cute...
a phone call to Daddy to share in the excitment of where he was at...and yes...we already made a call to Nina and Papa on the road....He kept asking if I was ready and if I was excited...
No show is complete without the SUGAR.....a little cotton candy and juice...
and the stars of the show..our seats were pretty high up, but they were awesome seats....I was a little worried he may lose interest...but nope...NOT a chance....it's ELMO!
the visor must have been impending his view or dance moves....so he turned it around! Yes, yes he danced up a storm and for those sitting around us...I think they got quite a chuckle out of how much Preston LOVED the show...
on the way out, he was ready to do it again....I tried to explain it was over...but he kept insisting we go back...tears were shed, fake tears were shed...and then finally a short nap on the way home...It was a very long show and I too was quite exhausted ...when we got home however...tears were shed again...as he wanted to go back...it is so hard to explain it all to a toddler...It was an amazing afternoon though...and can't wait for another "date" with my little cutie!

2 comments:

Mrs. N. said...

How cute! Did lil Ashton stay home with Pops?

Laney said...

That sounds like SO much fun!